Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Have Punch, Will Scrap

I have been coveting a certain punch. A certain punch I have seen at my local Archivers. I saw it, but didn't get it and then every time I went in after that to find it, it was sold out. Which of course made me want it more! So, how lucky was I that they had just restocked them the other day when I had my 43% off coupon in hand? WHOOT!

I do believe this is meant to assist with creating flowers with punches. But, I just love the shape! It can be a nondescript accent, a firework, a snowflake, or yes I suppose it could also be the center piece to a flower.
But for now, I see it as a lovely way to make something out of all of my scraps. Let's get to it shall we?
Punch, Punch, Punch... A rainbow of pretty scraps!
I am thinking a bit of kraft will set this rainbow punch party off nicely. But first, we must mist. I do love Mister Huey's but it rubs off and that irks me. So, what's my solution to this? After it is dry on my page,  I give the entire sheet a very light mist of Krylon sheer coat. This works wonders but smells REALLY bad. If you are smarter than I was, you will take your paper outside to do this. But, I was too lazy for that step...so, after intaking some lovely fumes, let's move on...
I see a central design with the photo below the rainbow scraps:
Tombo should do the trick of getting those little bursts on the page:
A bit of washi at the bottom to serve as a transition from the delicate punched pieces to the rectangular photo:
Ah yes! I like it, but now is when I realize that this is in fact NOT centered. Oh joy.
OK, no worries! I have the perfect piece of Jillibean Soup Staples and it's even more appropriate after it get's the same Mister Huey treatment:
There we go! Centered and stitched on:
I believe it's time for a title:
And some pen work:
And after the usual finishing bits and pieces, there we have it!
Believe in Bliss AND... happy accidents. I do think I like it much better cut and stitched onto that dark paper. YAY!

Now, off to play some more with my new punch :)

See you next time for August's edition of Layout Love Linky!

27 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?! Oh my god!!! It's beyond gorgeous!!! You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love it! I want that punch! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. that punch is awesome and i love how you used them on the layout! super cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you you used the punch with the background and washi tape. i would have never thought of that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your really do magic stuff...in the beginning of your step by steps I think "hmmm...I don't like this..." and in the end I think "WOW..look how gorgeous it turned out!" So...you must be a scrap witch! LOLOL!!!! Love this!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin the rainbow effect! Wow! Ashli, is there a craft mat big enough for all you do?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, wow!
    Love that punch and love what you did with it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it - looks like a burst of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Gorgeous work. I love that punch and what you did with it. I agree, the Jillibean paper really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the punch! I think I need it now, too! But my favorite part is your pen work....ESP the white doodled circles.....so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, very lovely! I think it's even better with the dark paper on the sides. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to use that punch, just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowowow... so love coming here - never know quite what to expect, but I know I'll be dazzled! Great rescue on the centering - and the punch has been totally worth the wait! FAN-TAS-TIC - and so inspiring, thank you again!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about your tiny attacher...love the layout..it almost looks like fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally fun punch. Love the bursts of color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous Ashli! Live the burst of rainbow scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you never disappoint me~gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely! and SO original. Great punch - haven't seen that one anywhere but maybe I'll keep my eyes open for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your doodling! Makes everything pop. I forget about doodling and then o and forget to again ;) LOVE that punch and even better with discount! I have a cut file in silhouette similar. Love it. And love how you used it as a rainbow. Amazing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the thing I love most about your blog Ashli is that it is teaching me to look at everything differently. If I had seen that punch, I would have seen a flower centre punch and just walked on by. But you didn't. Your originality is inspiring. I'm looking at my own scrapping in a totally different way - but I do think that maybe one is either born with such original thinking or you're not.... I'm just hoping I've hidden depths I wasn't aware of! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Triona! Your words mean the world to me!!! And, i am willing to bet that you have lots of hidden depths!!!

      Delete
    2. I hope you're right :) But depths or not, I'm enjoying my scrapping even more lately, so thank you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...