Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Transparent Triple

We are seeing clearly over at Paper Issues this week! Welcome to our blog hop! If you arrived here from Mandy's blog, welcome! And, if you prefer to start at the beginning, head on over to visit Peg. But, now that you are here, let's get on with it, shall we?

I was so excited to get my hands on these gorgeous transparencies. I just love all the possibilities with layering of patterns. Let's see what we can come up with here.

I am envisioning a see-through layout, a layout mostly made of the transparencies. So, after cutting all of the gorgeous patterns into little blocks, I started stitching!
And stitched and stitched until a got something somewhat reminiscent of a 12x12 sheet:
Adorable photo chosen:
Layering on some bits:
Now, for my beloved pen lines. That might be tricky on a transparency... Sharpie to the rescue!
Since this will essentially be a two sided layout, I have put some arrows pointing to the edge of the page that will hopefully tell the viewer that there is more to see!
The first word in my title:
And on to the back! Since this is double sided, I will put all of the elements in the same area as the front. Now, as luck would have it, a few days after I finished up this project, Shimelle posted an awesome video using a transparency. She explained it FAR better than I could ever attempt! Check it out here.
Tucking all the bits in:
And the title continues...
OK, now that the front and backside of the completely transparent page are done, let's add a third page to this layout that will peak out through the top of the transparent page. That could be fun, huh? A triple spread? Sure, why not!


First, stamping some resist with white acrylic paint onto watercolor paper. I have big plans for this! I am excited!
Oooooh, pretty!
Watercolor time! The only idea here, other than to have fun, is to pull in the colors from the transparent page:
Spreading and blotting with a baby wipe...
Oh, I am SO loving that!
My watercolor extravaganza is matted onto some gorgeous Lily Bee paper, stitched around, and the final photo is added:
Some more transparency:
Washi time!
The last of the title is tucked around some die cuts:
And there we have it!

Exploring:
The Beach:

Together:


I love the texture of the sewing against the slick surface of the transparency!
All tucked away in the album, the page protectors are sewn together to make a transparent triple spread!
Ta Da!
I had more fun with this!!! In fact, I couldn't stop playing with the transparent bits and created several more layouts. I will share those soon! Do you need some scrappy goodies for yourself? Head on over to the Paper Issues Shop and get 20% off with the code soapSCRAP.

Have you played with transparencies lately? Link up with us over at Paper Issues. You might even win this awesome prize from Paper Vine! Be sure to like them on Facebook   and head over to Paper Issues for all the details on the give away!


Now, be sure to check out all of these awesome projects created by members of the Paper Issues team:
Ashli - that's me!
Jodi


Thanks for stopping by the hop! See you again soon for another installment in My Creative Journey!




70 comments:

  1. Such a cool, creative, summery page! Just love what you did with the transparencies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fabulous!
    aaaaaand, btw, Happy Birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your transparency, 3-page layout is extremely cool! I love how you patchworked all the pieces together with sewing, and the fact that the layout continues onto the other side is crazy cool. Love the darling photos too.

    Most importantly, happy birthday to you! I hope it is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, awesome!!!! This is quite possibly my fave layout(s) of yours- EVER! So neat, I just really really love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING layouts! Love all of the fabulous details! Happy Birthday, I hope you have a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Ashli, your work never ceases to amaze the heck out of me. I love how artsy and technical your style is. This triple spread is brilliant. And of course, HaPpy BiRthDaY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy bithday!!! I love your LO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!! Thank you for rocking this! You are amazing. These layouts are so flipping awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy gorgeousness batgirl.. this triple spread is UH-MAZING!!
    I heard it was your birthday.. hope it's the best one yet!!!! Happy Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love Hambly and thankfully got to visit their store a few times before they closed their doors. I love how you used their transparencies on this. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!!!! Love all the colors, textures, and layers!!!! SImply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous!! Love all the layers, colors everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genius idea with the double sided layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMWord Girl! This is so amazing! I love every bit of this - Brilliantly put together and love all your bits and pieces - the watercolor turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is totally amazing! I love the step-by-step! Have a great birthday, Ashli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously amazing layouts and love the step-by-step!! Hope your birthday is extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You rock the layers..this layout is simply a m a z i n g!!!

    happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this - it does get complicated when you do overlays back to back!I love all the layers and the cute Amy T camera!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love the layers, on layers, on layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. GREAT layout...oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous! Thanks for the step by step.. You are an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! these are awesome LOS! absolutely LOVE your work!! can I be you when I grow up?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These layouts are wonderful! Thanks so much for walking us through the process. I haven't worked that much with transparencies, but I do find it a little less daunting now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love everything about this. So many details and I love how you have shared the step-by-step on how you put it together. Thanks for sharing.
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great layout and beautiful photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I did not know you could sew that material, thank you. I enjoyed your both of your projects very much.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW....just WOW.... i love how this flows. The triple spreader is awesome!!!!!! AND Happy Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see the rest of your clear projects!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my, this is so beautiful. Thanks for such detail. It is perfection. Happy birthday. I just became a follower. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow I'm impressed Ashli, that was a lot of work but every once in a while I get a layout going that I just love to keep playing with too. These came out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are great, I love all the layering you did and the watercolor :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh I LOVE what you did with all of the transparencies together!!! That is so awesome and original and your layering on it is awesome! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I always struggle with using transparencies, love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  33. one word...DANG!!! I need you to come over to my house for a personal tutorial! I had no idea that I could sew transparencies together although I know when I try it, my needles are gonna bust! Lily bee, overlays and all the layers are making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMGosh!!! Your layout is just way to fun!!!!!! super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are fabulous, and I love how you chopped the transparencies up into little hunks! Great job! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic!!!!!! Totally brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful pages I especially love the watercolour effect...got to give that a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fun, fun, fun!
    Love what you did with the transparencies :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a great layout with so many fun and fabulous details on it. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, it looks like alot of work. So many details. It turned out great.

    marg00006 at verizon dot net
    Loving Scrapper 101

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too much work, especially since I subscribe to the "messy" sewing approach - LOL! Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  41. What a fabulous idea! I love the triple page concept & the transparencies are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my goodness, I love what you've done with these transparencies. I need to get brave and do something with mine. But in the meantime, I will admire yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. this is sooo cool! Love what you did with the transparencies!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you for the step by step breakdown. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the textures! Thanks for the step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have to tell you Ashli, I honestly think everyone is capable of being creative, even when they say they are not, but some people just have true talent and you my dear have that. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sweet words mean the world to me! Thank you so very much!!!

      Delete
  47. OMG, How cool is that!!!!! Very Beautiful and very talented, love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  48. How did I miss this? Wowsers! You had me at the quatrefoil transparency and now I'm just left stunned at the finished product. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have never worked with transparencies before but it looks like a lot of fun. Your layouts look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow, these layouts are amazing! I love printed transparencies (it's too bad I never saw these before they sold out). Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...