Sunday, July 1, 2012

Red, White and Blue for You!

One of my favorite color combinations has to be Red and Blue. This, of course, gives me a certain soft spot for the beautiful Fourth of July papers. I love them so much that I am happy to scrap almost any subject using these gorgeous colors. 

Over at Paper Issues, we are playing with just this and I can't wait to join in on the fun!

With my favorite Pink Paislee Declaration papers at hand, let's get scrappy!
I am in love with that paper and it just begs to be fussy cut!
After a bit of black sprinkling, Those fussy cut shapes are used as a mask for some white misting:
There we go, that should add a bit of depth:
Strips cut:
And the layering begins!
Tucking it in...
Stitching it on...
Photo added. I Love this shot of my dad and I back in the 80's.
Remember the fun fussy cutting? Time to add that beauty!
Likey so...
Now for the title. In the spirit of The Studio Challenges, I thought I would try a bit of "negative" action. 


So, letters in place and paper laid out to protect the surrounding area...
And we mist!
Well, that's kinda fun, and actually quite positive! :)
How about adding some more rectangular misting to the upper left to balance that out? 
OK, I think that is working for me...
Pen work to enhance the title area:
Journaling added:
And you all know I have to add in some washi! One of my favorite things to do is tear the strips in half:
Pretty!
Oh look, sequins and punchinella! YAY!
And with a few more touches I shall call it complete!
I am so in love with these colors!
In fact, I couldn't stop scrapping with them! 


So, I made this:


And this:


And this... with all of the last little bits:

Oh, and I even made a tag! I will show you that one another time.

Red white and blue for you! Have you done any of your own patriotic scrapping lately? Head on over to Paper Issues and link up with us!

Happy 4th!!!


37 comments:

  1. chock full of goodness...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, all your step-by-step details are amazing!! beautiful work :D
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all! Red/blue is one of my favorite combos and you worked it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts as always!!!
    The first is such a great, treasured photo...you did a good job hilighting it. The second is so full of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layouts!! I really enjoy your step by steps, so fun to see how these creations are made!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layouts, Red & Blue are my favs too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You always always amaze me. You are my new favorite scrapper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love all the layotus. You have inspired me to scrap with more sequins as I have loads in my stash and they can really enhance a page. Love the fussy cutting too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fun layouts! Choo Choo is too cute! I do love the red and blue combo but haven't done any patriotic scrapping lately. But now I want to find that paper! Loved your fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, so much fabulousness in one place! I really love the peek at your process and the way you used those fussy cut bits. GREAT! All your layouts are just wonderful. You have such a lovely style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ate just amazing! I love seeing your process and the fact that you complete so many pages so quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Lol) of course I meant you *are* so amazing! I don't know why my phone would change it to ate!

      Delete
  12. You are really on a roll with those colors! LOVE the choo-choo page...absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I love all these so much, especially all the sequins. I'm definitely going to break out the sequin packs! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, so much red, white and blue to love here! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic LOs! and it is always so fun to see the process!

    ReplyDelete
  16. never would have thought to combine those colors together. what a fabulous mix!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok i love your mix of papers and I thought I didn't need that red white and blue paper but OMG I need it... thanks for sharing... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous layouts, I too love this colour combination and you use it beautifully. Love all your layers of interest. Lovely. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliants! How many beautiful LO to learn... I like very much "choo choo train", but "My view" gives a different perspective of important things... Congratulations for your work and, like usually, thank you for sharing.
    Best regards from Madrid, Spain.
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love all the red white and blue- fab work!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so like the way you combined all of those prints on all of your great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love 80s photos! And you did such a great job with it. Love the misting and washi.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic job AGAIN! Love how you show all the photo's of how it comes together! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  25. These layouts are just all kinds of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such great layouts! Always get lots of inspiration from your work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great step by step! That fussy cut paper is great. I love the white background LOs even more. You really do have a thing for this color combo. Can't wait to see that tag too!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have to be honest, the muted colors worried me at first but you rocked it out Ashli! I love the other layouts you were able to created of the girls as well. And stencils from fussy cut paper... AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Much fun to watch your pages come together!!! Lovin' the freestyle vibe mixed with all the red/white/and blue!! I think my fav out of this group is the View page - the picture is spectacular and love all the doodling, confetti bursts, and washi!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You did miracles with these colors!!!! Wow!!!! Great work! I must try these cute sequins!!!They look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The dark misting on the first layout worked so beautifully! I love how the title turned out and the copy block adds such nice balance. The rich colors are perfect with the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What gorgeous, gorgeous layouts. As a paperholic myself, I love all the layering/patchworking of the papers, and all the details are done with such panache. I'm a new fan! Thanks for dropping by at Words and Pictures, and your kind words too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...