Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Penciling a Pattern...

Hello again! This month we are celebrating my one year Scrapiversary here at the Mailbox. So, if you are looking for the next installment in My Creative Journey, I will be back with that tomorrow. But, in the mean time...I feel the need to get scrappy!

I do like a challenge and over at Balzer Designs, the Second Floor challenge is to use a pencil. Hmmmm. I had to ponder this a bit. Aside from attempting a still life of some sort, my brain was completely empty on this one. 

With a total lack of ideas, I finally just scribbled some circles and lines with a basic mechanical pencil. The, some misting and ink was thrown about...
A bit of glitter was added:
Pink and yellow are sweet together, let's pencil some in...
Whoopsie! It wasn't dry enough. That's ok - we will make it work!
And here is how...by chopping it up into squares! What in the world am I doing here? I have no clue!
Perhaps a step back to focus on a photo decision for now...
While I ponder that, let's take a look at these squares. I suppose a grid would be the most logical thing here. And, I kinda like that...let's go with it!
I stitched around the squares and pulled out some black for a matt. This could be nice? It's a bit stark though.
Or perhaps the Hambly transparency is better? I'm not sure. Something about this is just not right.
The photo! YES! This is much better! Some softness was needed and this sweet pict does the trick!
Now, what to do with those squares? Into my scrap drawer I went and found some pinks to punch:
Oh, my. It's gettin' a bit messy here...
Some more shapes are punched from scraps and the green is added in to pull in the colors of the photo. Gotta love using up scraps! This may be all I add since the pencil pattern and Hambly action seems to have enough detail...
Yep! That's all I added and after my usual finishing touches of journaling, washi, pen lines and twine...
And of course, my new obsession of sequins:
It was complete! So, I penciled in a pattern! YAY! Wasn't really sure how that was going to work out, but I am smiling at the end result :)

What can you think of to do with a pencil in your scrapping? I would love to hear all of your creative ideas! And, it would be fun if you would play along with me too over at Balzer Designs!

22 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! Love the pencilled pattern, how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching your process!!!! I saw this challenge on Julie's blog, too, and I really wanted to attempt it....you've got me thinking now!
    Your page turned out spectacular and you were right about the photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative and clever!!! It turned out perfect!!! Everything matches together!!! TFS!!!
    Hugssss
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly beautiful layout! I love your style, creativity and imagination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome- love this! thank you for joining Julie and me in our Second Floor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and an adorable layout! Love how you rock those sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. one word for this one-- AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to make it work!!!
    This is a lovely Easter layout

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tihis is another beauty. I really like how you made your grid work...it's different from your usual style, but you made it yours. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of that from a pencil, awesome! Loving the sequins too, definitely going to have to check that out...

    ReplyDelete
  11. great layout. I love the boxes you cut out and put on the black paper. Very creative. I might of just started over but you worked with it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you always make the best of things you don't like and how your projects evolve from something you're not in love with to something spectacular! Love the grid design and the soft colors with your photo. The touches of black are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun challenge, I'd say you mastered it :D This layout is beautiful & that photo is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the idea of using squares and lots of punched out shapes. I like how you start with the idea - I always start with pictures instead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shapes look great! I love how everything came together organically - the colors in the background and photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific page! I do that too, come up with an idea and then end swapping pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous background! Love the details! The photo is so sweet and the touch of embellishments perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is just gorgeous! I love how you cut up the first paper and created the grid. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously FUN!!! You could have sold that piece to a company to reproduce before you cut it up! LOVE your little decorated squares.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoyed seeing your process! Great pages.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I learn so much from watching your process! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...