Monday, July 9, 2012

And Then I Got A Zutter!

In the last post about My Creative Journey, we left off where I had finally decided to label myself as a scrapbooker and had even started having all kinds of fun! I was actually proud of my creations! So what did I do next? I got a Zutter

You see, my scrapbooking mentor, Joy is a master of the mini book! In fact, other than cards, that is mostly her chosen scrappy medium. I had heard great things about this Zutter and all of the possibilites. I wasn't totally sure I would be jumping on the mini book band wagon, but I was sure that I could do some fun things with this!

I came home with my beautiful pink binding machine and had absolutely NO idea what to do with it! I read the instructions, but was still quite unsure. Joy and I scheduled a training session and she recommended that I do a YouTube search in the mean time. I was shocked and confused. Craft tutorials on YouTube? Really? I had NO idea!
Now, I did manage to find a couple of tutorials for the Zutter. But, I found something much more amazing! I happened upon Shimelle and her videos


WHOA!!!!!!! REALLY??? THIS is what scrapbooking CAN be? You mean there is more to this than cutting photos into ovals? I was totally amazed and excited to say the least! After watching that first video, I ended up on her blog, which in turn steered me over to Two Peas in a Bucket

Life. Would. Never. Be. The. Same. Again.

A whole new world had been opened up to me! A world full of ideas and inspiration. I was hooked. And so began my foray into the online world of tutorials, galleries and workshops. I cut. I glued. I scrapped. I made lots of pages.
How did this affect what I had been doing? How did this change my scrapbooking? Did it all fall into place? Did I find "my style?" 

Stay tuned...




15 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!!
    For me it was Ali Edwards and Two Peas in a Bucket back in 2003 or 2004.
    The moment I found 2p's and Ali's Garden Girl gallery, scrapbooking was never the same again for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what a little inspiration can spawn! Two Peas really opened up my world back in the day too - I think it was around 2003 for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, the Zutter days...I am certainly enjoying your scrap booking tale of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love Shimelle too, she has taught me so much!!! and I got a Zutter {the very first one} blue~when I first got it I used it alot, not so much anymore but glad I have it, you just never know when I might need it!!! enjoy your posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never had a Zutter, if you can believe it. A Cricut? Yes (but not any more). Scrapping is definitely an evolution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought one too and I don't make mini books. I use it to bind printable material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me want to pull out my Zutter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too had no idea what scrapbooking could REALLY be until I discovered an internet community of scrapbookers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I discovered youtube I was blown away by all the talent and idea...well I still am.
    I do enjoy my BIA. I am a lover of mini albums also.
    I should really check out Shimelle. Have yet to. And I do hear a lot about her on 2 peas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been a huge Shimelle fan, since I started scrapping. I got out of scrapping for a long time and this past Christmas I decided to do the Journal Your Christmas 2012... and was so inspired, I have been scrapping like a mad-woman since. Of course, having my first grand baby has really stirred up my scrappy mojo, as well. She has 2 full albums and another that is about half full... she isn't even a year old yet! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. For me it was nichol magouirk and AE stamps, then studio calico kits and definitely shimelle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you read my mind this morning? FREAKY! I just got home with the Zutter machine I will be using for my class tomorrow- I was just playing around with the settings so I can actually answer any random questions- I don't usually bind the entire spine but just 6 holes on top and the bottom for a custom look (also- less thinking and measuring- winning!) but I know the students will want to know how to use it "properly" so off to see some videos now. Great post! I love how spunky and entertaining Shimelle's videos are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Patricia...need to pull out my Zutter!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember that day Ashli when I showed you the Zutter, you got so excited. You have made some awesome projects with it. I have been scrapbookin/stamping for over 10 years and so much has changed it is so exciting to see how everyone has someone or some type of media that has influenced them. Great post. Love all your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shimelle has totally changed my life. I did a couple of IRL classes but felt inept but Shimelle has mad skills and makes me confident that I can create sonething beautiful too. I love her! So glad she has inspired you.... Two scrappers I admire linked..awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...