Sunday, June 17, 2012

Soup Anyone?

Jillibean Soup products are so super cute. Seriously, they suck me in every time with their fun colors and whimsical designs. However, I rarely reach for them to scrap with. Something about the bold, crisp patterns and the super cute but somewhat themed designs tend to leave me choosing other papers first. I decided it was time for that to change and if I was going to keep buying these fun papers...I should most certainly decide if I actually enjoy scrapping with them.

So, with that goal in mind, I grabbed my stash of Jillibean and got to work. Here is what I came up with, in order of creation. I did add in other bits and pieces here and there, but 90% of every layout is of the soup variety!

I started things out with a fun photo that always makes me smile:
This next one is based on one of Shimelle's old sketch to scrapbook pages and I love how this sketch allows the fun patterns to shine:
My sweet little chickadee was perfect for the Easter themed papers:
Using mostly "B" sides here, with a strip of bunny ears peaking out:
This one was super fun to do and I had fun with more of a grid pattern:
So many of the papers seem to work well with old photos:
Another throw back here (I can't tell you how many times the background changed on this one and I just kept cutting the middle strip  off of the mess-ups):
Another one with mostly "B" sides and I love the pale blue and white stars for this pict:
After this last layout was complete, I had just enough stash left to do a double pager. I know...me...a double pager? Shocking! So, did I enjoy my time with all of this soup? Will I order this from the menu again? I will let you know next time, along with a start to finish of said double pager. As always, click on soapHOUSE scraps over in the left hand side to visit my gallery for all the nitty gritty on each of these pages.

Do you like soup? Jillibean flavored?

26 comments:

  1. Very nice, I loved them all :D Boy you were very busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a different post from you! Great pages. I loved the she said/he said on the proposal one. I really sweet idea and a layout to treasure. I love the way you layer and cluster elements. I am too linear to pull it off but it is such a fun and creative look. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever, fun post!
    And oh my such great pages.
    The proposal one and 1970's party one had me smiling. I was a child of the 70's and just can relate to memories of my parents and life with them back then.
    But what I really love is how you journaled on Drafting Days.
    Sharing with the kids how hard their dad works :)
    I need to do something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- those are asome awesome pages using jillibean!!! i love how you used them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness...you have been busy swimming in soup! Every single one of these is fabulous, but my favorite is the Beach Buggy with those wonderful colors! Someone sent me a pack of Jillibean recently and I should just challenge myself to use it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that's a lot of pages completed! I love the papers on the diagonal in Little Chickadee! I have to admit, the themeyness of these lines keeps me away. I do "like" them and I do have a few papers here and there, but I stay away from the super themey ones. I just wouldn't use them. But I love your layouts and all the paper layering. These are all awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so great! I love each one as much as the next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that is so many great pages! Love all the detail and layering. The secret field is my favorite, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You totally rocked the Jillibean, Ashli!! Thank you so much for the inspiration, because the newest collection has stumped me (telephones) but now I see that it looks great with Sweet & Sour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats what I call layering!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all the layout, but gosh I am so loving all your layers of papers and goodies... amazing.. thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't pick a favorite...I LOVE them all!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many fun pages! Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you totally blew through that kit. That is alot of layouts. I see what you mean by the very busy patters, but overall on all of your layouts, the pics all stand out. Great Layout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Lots of work here! Great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful variety here....love the Layouts! Jillibean is a lot of fun to play with, which YOU really did with these:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so amazing! Lots of jillibean goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh it's been too long since the last time I visited your little haven. In awe of your layering skills. I love Jillibean Soup too! So many fun colors and patterns to choose from. Way to go working through your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow some amazing layouts and great stories to go with it. I do love Jillibean Soup stuff as well, especially there sticker labels.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you really had quite a stash of Jillibean Soup! I do buy their stuff and especially like the new mini alphabet stickers they now have. I find I am always pairing them up with Echo Park, both companies seem to have similar brighter colors. Great pages, love all your layering.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sigh. Such pretty layering. Makes me NEED to bust out my stash and scrap. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you really rocked the Jillibean. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...