Sunday, June 24, 2012

The sequins go round and round!

I just bought some sequins - LOTS of sequins! Amy Tangerine first peaked my interest and May Flaum sealed the deal in Camp Scrap. They are fresh out of the package and I need an excuse to use them. 

Let's go!
After stamping some white acrylic paint with one of my favorite stamps, I get to threading:
Once a decent amount of those fabulous little sequins are threaded, a glob of glossy accents here and there makes one long line turn into little sections...
Likey so. The idea is that I can snip in between these sections and have 3 separate pieces of threaded sequins to work with on my layout. The key to this (hopefully) working, is the use of the craft mat for the glossy accents to dry on...
While I wait on that, it's time to spruce up that background a bit more. Hey, look - I'm using circles!!! Yay me!
Sequin sections have dried (successfully) and now we can carry on. The photos are matted and placed:
Let the layering begin!
And some more....
Pen work time!
More circles! Goodness, what have these sequins done to me?
Speaking of sequins, here are my sections laid out...
I am thinking brads might be just the thing to attach these with.
Oh bother! I broke my thread!!!
Phew! Glossy accents to the rescue. Once the layout is all said and done, no one will ever know...except you of course :)
Yay! Pretty!
All three attached:
Another amazing idea from May is to do a confetti burst of sorts with various sparkly things. I am in LOVE with this idea and can't seem to stop doing it. So, here we go again with that:
It's coming together...
Title done!
An arrow here and there:
And some twine, of course!
After my journaling and some more pen work...Ta Da!
Round and Round the sequins go. LOVE it! 

I may have a new addiction. I am totally OK with that. 

Thanks for stopping by the Mailbox today. See you next time!







40 comments:

  1. Very nice!!!! I LOVE the sequins, what fun!! Bright, blingy, and interesting...I'm loving the layering behind the right side photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love!
    The sequins, confetti look, the placement of photos and title.
    Just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the effects you created and I like the way you show the process step-by-step. I think I am going to try that on my blog - it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun page! I like the look of the sequins and the confetti. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashli, you just inspired me to pull out my tin of Hero Arts sequins to try on the birthday page I'm working on. They've been sitting in my drawer for years and years and...(well, you get the idea. LOL!) Love all of the fun touches on here and all of the circles too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing job~love the look!!! Would look awesome framed!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is fantastic. Love every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowee! Sequins aren't just for 4-year-olds anymore! SO very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply clever!!! Love that sequins around your photos, the use of the marker... gorgeous in every way!!

    and thanks for your comment on my layout, really appreciated!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that you put them on strings! NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the sequins! Such a perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooooh now I want to play with sequins! Love the movement you've created to mimic the layout topic. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the strings of sequins! Wow...again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the sequins!!!! Another beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so pretty! Love what you've done with the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love our layouts...such a fun journey to such a creative finality...thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the photo placement and your sequin banner! Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its great how you pulled this whole layout together, all with the circle theme. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you used these sequins in several different ways, that was too cool! Great layout! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how your stuff always has movement in it. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the sparkle of sequins is a perfect touch to the topic of this page!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very festive! Hey quick question, I'm in search of a really good white pen, any recommendations? My favorite has run out & the writing is all worn of so I can't Google it. The store I bought it from has since closed down. I've bought several but none really work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma! Signo uni-ball, hands down!!! LOVE them!

      Delete
    2. I would second that more than anything!

      Delete
  23. Ooo, now sequins is something I have not used on my pages! I love what you've done, just to string them along and then add a few here and there. This looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seriously amazing! I am loving the sequins and now you have enabled me enough that I must get some when I get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is adorable Ashli, I love using sequins on mt projects.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty and sparkly and fun, I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This layout is really, really pretty. Love how it turned out, I wouldn't have thought to do it like that, but the strings are a really neat banner of sequins almost. Gonna have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Only because I messed it up...I wanted to say great to see you highlighted on Camp Scrap for such a fun LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your layout is sensational and inspiring. I've always been challenged by circles but your example may just get me over that.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Had to check you out after the link from May. This was well worth the click of the mouse. Love the really fun layout.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes. Loving all the circles and repetition and layering. Now on to look at other things on your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...