Sunday, May 27, 2012

Vacation Scrappiness!

Hi Hi!!! I am back after a much needed and fabulous family beach vacation! 

Sooooo, I initially debated for a while as to whether or not I should get scrappy on said vacation. Aside from our recent camping trip, I have never actually scrapped away from my studio. In fact, I had never completed a layout away from home. If you remember...I only started layouts while camping, but didn't finish them until I returned. Now of course, I could do work like that on this trip, but the idea of a heap of layouts waiting to be finished after a week away, was less than thrilling!

So, I pondered...and pondered some more. I reflected upon my recent experience with the "Inspired by Shimelle" challenge, I re-watched some of the recent videos on Two Peas about kit making and then, a prompt from the Cover to Cover class arrived in my in box and talked about just this! A whole lesson all about kit making. Hooray! So, infused with my new knowledge, I eagerly put together a set of supplies!

Since we were headed to the beach, I decided a "bright" theme would be in order. To start things off right, I grabbed my stash of Amy Tan's Sketchbook. I am so in love with this line! I then added bits of KI Memories and Lilybee. Some card stock, a smashbook, pens, stamp set, mists, twine, brads, and washi rounded things out as you can see:
OK, so "kit" might be a slight misnomer as I pretty much grabbed whatever would fit in my bag - including, but not limited to, 20 full sheets of patterned paper, 6 sheets of card stock and bunches of scraps! 

But, I was glad I did. I SO enjoyed scrapping in the evenings and during nap times while lounging in our beach house!

Here is a roundup of my creations: (please forgive some of the photos...I took all of the picts of the finished layouts in our beach house, so I was improvising with the set-up and lighting. See, EVERY bit of these were done away from the studio, even the photography!)


Starting the scrapping out right with a bit of a UK Scrappers challenge:
And then on to Shimelle's starting point:
  Had this one scrapped in my head while we were driving to our vacation destination:
Playing with some misting, masking and fussy cutting:
  Lots of playful colors for this playful photo:
  JOY!...
This is a bit out of my comfort zone with 3 full 4x6 photos. But, how could i not use all of these hilarious picts?
  Fun with the birdie punch for my free spirit:
Oh lookey there! Another one with 3 picts....perhaps the salt water is going to my brain!
Combining some Lilybee with the Amy Tan papers to pull in the colors in these fall photos:
Love this photo and such a great opportunity to use some of this older Pink Paislee paper:
I couldn't go to the beach without doing the sand technique again!
Now I am totally sure the salt air is getting to my brain! A layout with a circle, a die cut paper and a black background....clearly I have gone crazy!
 Using up a bit of the Amy Tan scraps I have going now....
My last full sheet of Amy Tan lends itself to some super fun doodling. Oh yeah, look - NO twine! Can it be so???
And to finish things off...using up bits of Pink Paislee for this wedding photo of a dear friend.
What is left of my paper you ask? Two full sheets of patterned paper and two sheets of card stock...and a bunch of bits. Yeppers! That is 16 layouts! In 6 days. YAY! I had SO much fun. It is amazing how quickly layouts come together when the majority of the supplies are already picked out. LOVE that! I also LOVED the beach...but alas, this is a blog about artsy craftsy things. So, I shall stick to that, yes?

Some of these layouts were done for certain starting points or challenges. As always, feel free to click "soapHOUSEscraps" over there on the left to visit my online gallery and see more details.

Now, off to get these filed away in their happy homes. I will be back on Wednesday with a new Layout Love Linky. Oh, yes...I also see a start to finish in my future - perhaps with rainbows and buttons? That could be fun! 

See you soon!




33 comments:

  1. So so many great layouts. You really rocked the challenge :) I love that old pink paisley line too, it fits sketchbook so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love that @the high layout too, incredible!

      Delete
  2. These are incredible! I really enjoyed looking at each one! So much inspiration here! You amaze me with your talent! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooove them! Your layouts are always so fun and bright and happy. :) Good job with the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love all your layouts from your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh WOW, you got so much done, and they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You got a lot done an every LO is FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed! When we go to the beach I kinda take a vacation from scrapping too (and read several books), but making a kit like this is inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible anount of lush pages! They are all beautiful :) Hope you had a great tr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, I really am amazed at what and how much you create!! I just love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you layer!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woman...

    seriously.

    I was going to be all "oh my gosh love these... especially __ one!" But I can't. Each one is so different and has such amazing detail that I love all of them for different reasons. Got to admit, almost fell out of my chair when I saw the one with NO twine! You sure you're feeling okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you - that salt water made me looney! LOL!

      Delete
  12. Holy! That is a lot of pages! Well done! Love the bold combo of pp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe how many pages you made!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you made 16 layouts in 6 days! Every singlee one is an absolute masterpiece! Totally amazing details and wonderful colors in each and very one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK so I saw one of your pages one 2 Peas and followed you here to your blog. I have been on here for about 2 hours now, following links and just ooohhhing and aahhhhing over your pages!!!! I am supposed to be doing dishes and cleaning up the house but instead I think I am going to go make a kit!

    I absolutely love your style and even though that was ONE kit, you made such incredibly diverse layouts, YET your style shows through in each and every one!

    Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much Audrey!!! Glad to have you here :)

      Delete
  16. Whoa, you got so much done! And it's all lovely. Can't believe you did it all on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a very productive vacation! I think my fav layout is "and then you crawled" - love the calendar paper along with the bright flowers on the black background. Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! You had lots of fun! Fabulous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do think you have developed a NEW SB'ing style~awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow 16 layouts in 6 days!! you were really rocking it!

    super layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, I am in awe of how many amazing pages you got done on a trip!
    That is so fabulous!!!
    I agree with Connie, that you have a fresh and new style.
    And I love that!
    Oh and I love that Amy T. Sketchbook line, too.
    It is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe how talented and prolific you are!!! I TRIED to scrap while on my vacation last summer- what a total bust that ws- I just couldn't concentrate! So many wonderful things here- I can't even focus- will have to swing back and stare some more later. The freedom and playful inventiveness you express in your designs is so amazingly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I can't believe you scrapped so much! You must me fast! These are awesome, each and everyone, with so much detail. And I can't help but laugh because Sketchbook was what I packed to the beach as well! I have no problem seeing beach fun! But you do what you feel you should.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your LO's are always so fab! Love seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG!!!!! These are fabulous! I don't think I could have made that many trapped in my scraproom much less at the beach! I love them all and to be made out of the same supplies they all look so different! Great job! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  26. You use colors brilliantly. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know how much I adore all that you do and you blew me away with your beach scrapping! You continue to amaze me and produce such quality work that inspires me to do more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...