Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Most of you already know how inspired I was in class with May Flaum over at BPC! In fact, I am still inspired! It was an amazing 12 weeks, I am so sad it is over...yet so happy to have done it! For one of our final projects, May showed us a wonderful video of a small canvas she did. I loved that idea and decided to make a little one too - for my mom - for mother's day - YAY! 

Let's get started:
Perhaps a resist will get us off to a nice start?
OOOOh, pretty! That was indeed a good way to start!
Time to put that resist to work with some misty fun!
Oh, yeah - I suppose I should mention at this point that I have NO plan for this. Just having fun and hoping for the best here :) I like it so far...
But, I wish that chevron was a bit more contrasty. How about some pen action? 
Much better!
A quick look see in my scrap pile and these seem to fit the bill. This canvas might be nice with a little interactive card on it...
After stitching some texture onto that banner element, I am thinking some heat embossing might be fun. Perhaps a weathered copper look?
Hmmmm.... well, that was a fun experiment, but I am not impressed. Oh well, most of it will get covered up. Let's move on, shall we?
And placement likie so? I think so...
Time for a title...complete with UTEE and Distress Stickles:
And perhaps some fringe?
Curled fringe? FUN! 
(I have to thank Heidi Swapp for this awesome fun! I heard an interview where she spoke of the new "trimmings" in her product line. She explained that they are made out of a material similar to the building fabric, Tyvek. Well, hubster just happened to have some Tyvek, so I gave it a go. While it certainly doesn't seem to be nearly as cool and awesome as the actual "trimmings," it's still fun and I have had a good time messing with it!) 
And now, the title needs a little embellishment. A patterned paper heart layered with a Tyvek heart might do the trick:
With the embellishment done, the canvas is just about complete. After some more pen lines, some scraps, a bit of washi, some rather extensive pondering, and a night of sleeping...I finally decided to call it finito!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
I hope yours is filled to the brim with love!

29 comments:

  1. I really enjoy watching your work come together

    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Canvas are so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO gorgeous. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas, Ashli! Love all of the layering and texture. What a great idea to make the card interactive! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have awarded you a blog award, you can see the details at my blog
    http://mbennetts.blogspot.com.au/

    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! It was fun seeing everything come together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could take a class with you:):) crazy awesome, girl!! Happy Mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your finished project, and of course your step by step is always great! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is stunning! I absolutely love seeing the canvas come together bit by bit. I'm sure your mom will love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colors and as always - love seeing the run down of how you created it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!!! I LOVE step-by-step photos! Thanks for doing that! Do you watch Heidi's shows on mycraftchannel.com? She just did one where she used a heat gun to curl that trim so I'm thinkin' you saw it. You are smart to replicate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this so much. It's really cool and pretty and fun. Great use of texture. Did you link this up over at Paper Issues? It's perfect for the new out of the box theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, i didn't even think of that! duh! gonna link up now :)

      Delete
  13. Beautiful, I hope you're having a fabulous Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning! WOW! Great canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is lovely! What a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great canvas! You make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous! Love the colors and the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. And hope u had a happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful!!!
    And you didn't even start out with a plan!
    I am in awe :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous canvas! That turned out so fun. Love that the washi tape repeats the background pattern. Tyvek is a great material to use in the binding of mini-albums. Adhere it to the back of the cardstock and it will reinforce the binding through all the wear and tear and openings and closings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME - pinning this for SURE! I love how you have done this - thanks so much for sharing. WOW!!
    Lowri :-0

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are too awesome for words. This is amazing. You are up on the PI blog today: http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/05/love-canvas.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cool! I love this - thanks for the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh I love your canvas!! So many fun textures going on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...