Sunday, April 22, 2012

Smashing some Sticks and Sand

Remember this? My little experiment with sand from our camping trip to the beach? The one where I used sand on adhesive strips? Time to put it to use on a layout! 

I will tell you, I tried to duplicate these results. I tried with glitter on the adhesive and with adhesive alone. Turns out the adhesive didn't have the wicking properties - the sand did! And, I don't have any more of that...so this is a one time creation, so let's put it to good use, shall we?
This current focus over at Paper Issues right now is SMASH pages. Since I did this experiment on a SMASH page, let's continue on with that theme. I have torn out some other pages and this is what we have to work with:
When I first posted this experiment, WillieburgScrap mentioned the doodled pie chart shapes. Funny, I so didn't even think of that, I just doodled what was on the page! But, she is right and she has posted some awesome pie chart inspiration that is worth checking out on her blog! So, with that inspiration - I set out to doodle some more of those little shapes:
And with a little coloring in...now they kinda look like fruit - LOL! Oh well, I'm going with it anyway!
Maybe some enlarged pie shapes in the background would be fun?
Kinda cool?
A bit of a splattering:
Now it's time to get SMASHY:
Likey so?
A pie here...and a pie there...
Some tape here....and some tape there....
Title Time! This photo is about my mom taking cuttings of one of her favorite plants that had to come down in the construction of her studio...so, "sticks" it is!
Let's give some more attention to the background with some more coloring:
And some random pie shapes:
On pop dots:
A bit of twine:
Journaling:
And - Voila!!!
Totally random, Totally fun, Totally SMASHY!


What is one of your most random experiments that ended up in a completed Layout? I would love to hear about it!


27 comments:

  1. What a cool smash project! I am loving the clever sand idea, the funky pie shapes and all the washi...super cool, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, fabulous project! I just love the end result! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous! Made me think of Trivial Pursuit with the pie pieces! Love the doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo very fun and funky. love all the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of using Smash pages. Great page as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the layering you do~I haven't started the smash stuff, but your LO looks awesome using those supplies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this all came together! Love the pie shapes/flowers/doodles. Whatever you call them, they add such a nice touch in all of their different designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those are pages from a smash book?! I'm just getting it! lol! Love all the washi tape clusters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the doodled pie charts and the smash pages!!
    So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A totally fun and funky Smash page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This page is SO fun.
    Love all the artsy layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you pull your papers out of the book and created your layout? I love it! Especially the pie charts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally incredible! Thanks for sharing your process as well. I love that you seem to be having so much fun creating this project.

    Thanks for the comment on D's Paper Studio today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh I love this! You are the doodle queen. Since I'm clean and simple, I'd say any time I've experimented with messy paints and it ends up on a completed layout. Usually loving the results and surprised that I do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool. I never know what to do with my smash books. This is a great use for them. Love how it turned out. It's amazing how captured all that texture and depth with a straight on photograph of the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those pies are the yummiest ever! I have gotten to be a cleaner scrapper since chickadee came along. But I used some tags that I altered and used as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome project! Love that you used the smash papers to make another layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous page! Love to see how your random stuff comes together into a finished layout. I don't usually keep my random experiment stuff but you've inspired me to go try something and use it on a layout anyway. Maybe I'll be up to that challenge after I move into my new townhouse and unpack all my scrappy supplies. And since I'm back in FL now, I have an unlimited supply of sand at my disposal. Maybe I will try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cool! I love the texture of the spiral pages!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...