Thursday, April 19, 2012

Clean Slate, Camping Start...Studio Finish!

We just returned from a wonderful family camping trip to the beach. We had SO much fun! In addition to all of the camping gear we packed, I had to take along some crafty goodness! Plus, I have little kiddos who don't idle well...so, a bag of fun was definitely in order!

In addition to punches, adhesive, scissors, and a SMASH book, I also packed two "page kits." And by "kit," all I really mean is a photo, a background, and a pile of scraps. Does that count? Sure... works for me!

So, armed with my page "kit," scissors, and adhesive, I set out to get crafty around the campfire. I packed up my scraps for this layout keeping in mind one of Shimelle's Challenges from her recent online crop - to scrap using yellow, grey, and one other color of choice. My other color of choice was green and after a quick session of cutting and pasting, this is what I ended up with:
And now that I am back in the studio, it's time to finish it up. I feel the need for some more green:
And now...Let the layering begin!
Enough? I think not!
OK, now that's enough!
Perhaps a bit of floral action?
Ah yes, Looks Better Already!
Disco, baby!
After a simple title is added, I feel a bit misty:
And now, that heart needs something to hang out with. Oooooh, loving the crazy twine pieces:
Let's do some more of that!
And there we have it - a "Clean Slate"! Ok, maybe a "Layered Slate" would be more accurate!
Oh, I LOVE this disco heart!
From humble campground beginning...To crazy twine ending!
Hooray! So fun to start in one place and finish in another...Literally! Have you ever done that? How did it work out?


Still wondering what is to come of the other projects I began in the woods? Stay tuned...I am busy in the studio finishing them up to show you :)

28 comments:

  1. Love it Ashli! I love how you have your paper strips direct you right in to the photo. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and patterns :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you can seem to make anything, even while camping, and that heart is too cool! Great job! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. That grey twine flowing every which a way looks like my hair every morning, but much cuter! Love Penny P.S. Yeah I know my profile photo is REALLY old, I still had hair color then! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ashli! This is really impressive stuff. I love how layered and creative your creations are. And how much fun to start a project while camping and finish it in your studio. Did your girls make their own projects too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thanks Girlie! The girls played around with a bunch of stuff too :)

      Delete
  6. Seriously so fun! I love how you can go willy-nilly on the twine. I have to get out of that comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing your other finished projects, too, especially if they turn out as great as this one! Which I'm sure they will. Love that heart and the way you used the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make twine look good, no matter what you do with it. :) Love all of the layering (and yes, I'm eyeing the disco heart too, LOL!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the scraps as the background foundation. I love your unique techniques with twine. Always outside the box. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow love love love all the layers. and the colors. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that layout is amazing! And what a great idea to take crafts while you are on a little trip, now I just need to take a trip;p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrapping while camping...I am in awe! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great start to finish!! Love to see the process in action

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of the paper strips and the sequin heart is so sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Can't imagine you scrapped by the campfire! My husband would've teased me. Great job on this again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! I'm totally copying that twine technique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such an amazing page! love your crazy twine pieces! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SOOO fun! Love those twine pieces coming out and definitely that disco heart!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I saw the fist photo, I thought, that looks good, but I wonder what she is going to do with it, teehee.
    I knew you couldn't keep it simple, even though to me the 1st photo isn't simple ;)
    Great completed layout.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The finishing touches are what always get me- I LOVE the little lines and the circles- perfect! Great layering tutorial by the way- I struggle a lot with that and even though I know it's not something I'm supposed to over think it's hard to just let go and add the layers- fantastic job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am still in awe that you can scrap while camping lol! I loved seeing the bag you took though - I will definitely try that next time I go somewhere. Love the layout - the twine looks great as does the disco heart!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...