Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Such A Little Moment - Start to Finish

I am on a mission! A mission to use this film strip die that my sweet hubby got me for Christmas. He knows how much I love photography, so he picked this out - gotta love that! However, I find it a bit tricky. It is so specific that it can be troublesome to find the right use. So, here we go - I WILL get these die cuts on a layout.

Tone on tone might be nice. Perhaps kraft?
Oh, yes - I like that! I have this silly little photo that I took using my rearview mirrow and my phone. ALL 3 kids were asleep! So rare and so wonderful! I didn't dare try to get out and take a proper photo for fear they might wake up!
Let's add some layers under the die cut pieces. Stamping with paint? Yes, I think so:


Now let's spray some mists:
I like that! While it dries, we can work on some tags for journaling... Stamping with mist seems like a good idea:
Oooooh, I like!
Now for some Amy Tan Journaling spots:
There we go:
Stitching and washi details added:
Let's spruce up the background with some blue droplets:
I still have that paint out...time to grab a brush and play:
After stitching on the die cuts, I curl them up a bit for some dimension:
I have found a fun Amy Tan envelope for the journaling tags, as well as a cute little die cut of 3 people:
Title time! More Amy Tan with the letter stickers:
Letters are stitched on:
A final Splattering....
A touch more washi, some pen lines, and I shall call it done!


I rarely do hidden journaling, but thought it might be fun for this silly little photo. I also rarely plan a whole layout around one die cut element. I had fun working a bit out of the norm and I am pretty happy with how this fun little moment ended up getting scrapped :) 

What about you? Do you do hidden journaling? Do you plan a whole page around one little element? What pushes you to work out of the norm?

36 comments:

  1. Oh man alive do I know what a moment that is. My 3 children's ages are spaced apart pretty much the same amount. Except the 2 youngest are closer in age. Moments like those are priceless. I would stand on one leg totally still for hours if it meant them not waking lol

    Love the ticket strip too! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have 2 but I totally get the rarity of that moment when they are ALL (both) asleep and mommy had a few minutes of peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! hit submit by accident- love the pops of red on this and such a fun way to start a layout- may have to try that with some of my under-used dies *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you certainly rocked it and i love the design. very fun and funky page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great layout, I liked the step by step photos. Where did you get your washi tape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norma! The washi tape is part of the Amy Tangerine collection and I got it from two peas :) HTH!

      Delete
  6. Love all the tags and pocket...and that awesome filmstrip diecut! As usual your background is pure fun. I'll bet you drove on forever that day. hee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout. Love to see how you got from beginning to end!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly did the diecuts justice (and then some)! Fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously love reading your posts and how you share your journey creating these projects. I do hidden journaling quite a bit. Usually when I have a lot to say or if I forget to leave room. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget to leave room all the time! HAH! Thank so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  10. Oh wow, this is another awesome layout!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your posts and that you are always sharing the whole process! So cool, inspiring, interesting and always good to learn something new! THANK YOU! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool layout, I love how you show step by step how you have created this, and I love all the paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow the things you did with such a simple die cut, great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of that die cut. I normally don't do hidden journaling but I have tried to create a layout based on an item, usually something that I have had for a while and want to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on this layout and I LOVE your handwriting, it is SO much better than mine! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny - sometimes I can't even read my own handwriting - LOL! But, I stopped worrying about it a long time ago and just write away....

      Delete
  15. Love your page and mini tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of that border! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is totally awesome! I love the layout, love the layers and all! :) I am going to have to get this stamp now with all the great ways that you have used it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny you should ask, my last post contains hidden journaling! Those dies are truly awesome, but I totally get your fear! Beautiful LO though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute layout. I have and love that die.
    I never thought to stamp with mists, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like this die. It is so cool you used it on Kraft paper. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the kraft on kraft and the pops of turquoise and pink :)
    That is one of my favorite alphas ever by American Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the layers and that moment, yes love than although rare ;) beautiful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!! I LOVE this layout! So many details, inking, film strips, tags, paint, I love it all! Fantastic layou! Love the step by step tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't see very many things that make me say "wow" anymore. Your work makes me say that!! Thanks for not only sharing your wonderful work, but your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I am so complimented! Thank you!

      Delete
  25. Fantastic!!! Love the stamping!!!! The tone on tone film strip is spot on as are the misting and paint details. Another incredible page!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE this from start to finish. Those tags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful!! I love to see your artsy work :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I adore all the textures and layers you incorporate in your layouts. I'm enjoying your blog soooo much! New follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...