Monday, March 12, 2012

My Man & His Boat - Start to Finish

I recently showed you my new stamp and we took a look at all the things it could do. And, after many votes, the favorite was #5, the white distress stain on kraft. So, with that popular vote, let's see how we can incorporate that into a layout!

I have grabbed a sheet of kraft and this great pict of my hubs and his canoe. I think the pale soft colors will work nicely with our stamping:
Let's take a look at this beautiful mess of Crate, Bazzill, Jenni Bowlin and Basic Grey...I think we can work with this!
But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. First, we must stamp:
An entire sheet of kraft gets the stamp treatment:
Then, I cut it down into approximately 4x6 rectangles:
Ooooh, yes. That will be pretty:
Time to have some fun with layering! I have cut some various small squares and rectangles from Bazzill and Basic Grey:
After randomly tucking those in, I love the direction this is going!
I am also loving this new Bazzill dictionary paper and feel the need to get it in there too:
There we go...
And look what we have here! A brand new perf page from Jenni Bowlin:
Oh, yes! I like those in there too:
And now...border sticker time:
And since we just wrapped up pen week in my class with May Flaum, I think I'll do some doodling:


And now for some splattering. Sadly, I have used every last drop of my Mister Huey's White. So, I squeeze out some more of that Picket Fence Distress onto my kraft mat and give that a whirl:
Works for me!
Title time!
I like the pop of black. Let's go with that!
Alrighty - title...Done!
Now for some shading. I learned this from watching Heidi Swapp on My Craft Channel. Use a Zig Pen to make shadows:
Love it!
Title stitched down:
Twine tucked in:
And stapled down:
After a bit of washi, some pen lines and journalling...Done! 
There we have it! The new stamp put to good use on a layout. Like many of you, I also liked some of the other variations...especially the gelato run through the Sizzix! Perhaps that will make it into a layout soon too. As always, thanks for visiting the Mailbox!







34 comments:

  1. What a fab photo and story. Love the LO as usual. My style is (obviously) so very different from yours but I really enjoy seeing what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is some serious layering...awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!! Love seeing that stamp put to use on a layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful peek at your process. I am loving that stamp and your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice layout.
    You add so much to your layouts, and here I have trouble meeting my one a month goal, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun page. So much attention to details! Love all the layers. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for the tips and tricks along the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great post showing your process. I love the doodling you do on your pages and nice tip on using the marker to make shadows. You make it all look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this totally rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the subtle use of color in this one and the stamped circle texture you created on the craft paper. What beautiful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the layers of paper. I must get that Bazzill dictionary paper! :) Kraft on white is definitely my favorite combination. These colors are perfect with your photo. Great layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to see the stamped kraft CS in action! Fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun page!! Great techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What you call a mess has me drooling! I am LOVING this layout and all the texture and techniques you added to it. I love this stamp so much now that you have showcased it and the shadow technique is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This LO is so fantastic! I love the end result. Thanks for sharing the process.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's nice to see a masculine (sp?) page :) Thanks for showing us the process - LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning page and great tutorial, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your techniques and layers here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, LOVE your blog! Thanks for sharing how you build up your pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this technique! I voted for #5 too so its fun to see how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great layout! I really need to get some of that dictionary paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You must have the patience of Job to do step by steps...and they are wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job as usual! Beautiful layout! I wish I could layers as well as you do! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great layout! Such a fun background!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cool process! And fabulous layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is an amazing amount of stuff on your page, yet the photo still stands out! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Your layout is a work of art! I can't believe you come and make such nice comments on my simple little card endeavors, but I'm thankful you do. I love that you share what you've learned, making shadows with the pen does give more dimension to your layout. Way cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that stamp and the white on kraft! I need to find one :) Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow. You have some really fun elements to this layout. I love the dictionary paper and the boarder sticker looks so good. Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow. You have some really fun elements to this layout. I love the dictionary paper and the boarder sticker looks so good. Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...