Friday, March 2, 2012

Let's see what this new stamp can do....

Alrighty, I have a new stamp! I just couldn't resist the fabulous polka-dot pattern on this Hero Arts, for Basic Grey cling stamp. And besides, I had a coupon so it was a no brainer! Now, let's break open this package and see what this baby can do...

Let's start out a little basic. Have ink, will stamp:
Very nice. Note to self: press down better in the center....
Now, time to put one of my favorite supplies to use, Pitt Pens:
ooooh, pretty!
Anyone in the mood for a Gelato?
Looks pretty all ready. Let's run this through the Sizzix....
oooooh, I like the "print" of this!
Let's mix it up a bit now. How about inking with some Distress, then spritzing with Glimmer?
Nice subtle watercolor effect:
Now, let's try my favorite distress stain, Picket Fence. This might look neat on Kraft:
Oh, yes. I like that!
How about some paint. Old house paint to be exact:
I always love stamping with paint:
Wanna get fancy? Me too! Let's emboss with some copper:
Ooooooh shiny!
Now, let's spray right onto the stamp with some Mister Huey Pony:
I like that saturation of color!
Now, time to go out with a bang - a bang of GLITTER! Gloss medium acts as a glue. Let's stamp that, then add some sparkly goodness...
Disco, baby!
I love the look of a worn-in stamp. Like my favorite blue jeans. Just feels comfortable!
That was fun! Here's a recap:
Which technique do you like? Just think of all the possibilities! The colors, the layering, the fun. Let me know the number that corresponds with your favorite in the comments below. What do you want to see more of? Vote by number and the winning technique will appear in a start to finish layout, here at the mailbox. I like them all, so glad you will decide for me :)



42 comments:

  1. This was fun to read through! I like #5! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 looks like bubble wrap! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heck, I can only pick one? My fave is #5, followed by #4, #8 and #9! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to go with 9, 4, and 7, but they are all beautiful! Thanks for showing us the different looks! Love Penny Scrap-aholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Diana, this was a fun way to start my morning! I like #4 the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fun mediums! I love that stamp, too! I love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when you do it ~ all of them!!! very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all, but I'd have to say #5 is my favorite. Love the look of the fresh white against the kraft cardstock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great post...and i love that stamp. I really like #3 and #5 the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #5. I love the look of white on kraft! But they are all fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, you are going to have some fun with that stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't pick one - but what a great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I choose #3 because I've never heard of a stamp being run through the Sizzix before!! Must see in action! Must see more! Then...MUST TRY!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love that stamp, something else to add the the shopping list. :) All the techniques are really great but 9 is my favorite because I like glitter. And I am curious about running a stamp through the sizzix too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, that was fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a great stamp and I love your techniques with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1,5,7,9,..... or really all of them...BUT i don't own all those mediums much less all the colours... so will stick to just a few.. great tips though.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1,5,7,9,..... or really all of them...BUT i don't own all those mediums much less all the colours... so will stick to just a few.. great tips though.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like Bev, I don't own some of those products, have heard them mentioned but don't know how they work. Fun to read your posts and see stuff in action... I hope you do more! Thanks :)

      Delete
  19. This was such a fun post!
    I love 5, 6 and 7.
    I think 5 may be my favorite though. White on Kraft! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like 5 the best. I think I need that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  21. HOT DAMN! So simple but you totally just blew this subject right out the water! I love 5 (of course) but really these would all work for me- if I were running Basic Grey I would offer you an instant spot on their design team- you just sold the hell out of that stamp! Excuse the strong language- I'm just impressed as all GET. And Yes I'm getting that stamp!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. To be honest the post just wanted me to go shopping. Thanks soaphousemama!!!!!I have to get this stamp and the DS Picket Fence :-) I really love all of them but 5 and 7 are my favorite. I LOVE anything embossed and that stamp looks so good embossed. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this stamp! I never thought of using gloss medium as glue for glitter. Now I'm inspired to start stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's a tough one. I guess I would have to go with #4.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 7 is my favorite, but then I'm a sucker for shiny copper...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE #7 the embossing with the copper: #9 the glue and glitter follows close behind {I'm a shiny-liking girl}.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was really fun to read through. I would choose #4 or #8. I need tips for using spray mists and stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That was really fun! I love to see how other people create! My vote would be #5- I’m a sucker for kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like 2, 4 and 7. Probably more interested in seeing 4 in a layout?

    That's an awesome stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love 4, but all are beautiful...keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Blogger is being finicky with me, as I can't see all the photos :( Some are only 1/2 a photo.
    That does look like a fun stamp though :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love them all...but the sparkly one caught my eye especially. Thank you for all the different ways and tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fantastic post Ashli!! Thanks for sharing all the possibilities with this stamp (which now, btw, I need to own)!

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh, and I'm torn between 3 & 5

    ReplyDelete
  35. You've inspired me to play with a few stamps I've recently purchased - looks like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this post and how you take us on a journey of experimenting. Even with your "notes to self". I like the Gelatos run through the Sissix the best.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm partial to kraft, so I am going to go with #5. So fun to see all you can do with one stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Must you make me want another stamp????? *LOL*
    I'm diggin #4 cause I am all about that color :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...