Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hello Tag - Start to Finish

Recently, I got to send some happy mail to a scrappy friend. I just love doing this! I also love making fun little tags to dress up the package. We are working on texture in my class with May Flaum, so what better way to play than on some tags to send off with the happy mail?

One thing May mentioned in our recent course materials was to dry emboss tags. Such an easy and fun idea - why didn't I ever think of that??? Because I am not May Flaum, that's why! So, here we have a couple of tags and embossing folders. Let's get started, shall we?

After running them through my Sizzix...this is what we have. So pretty :)
Let's spruce them up a bit with some inking....
A little rubbing and splattering....
How about some Stickles?
Sticker time!
Since the sticker goes off of the sides, we need to cut some paper to adhere to the back:
And dress that up a bit:
Now for our greeting:
Back to the smaller tag - this birdy needs a home. Oh, how I love the birdies from this Basic Grey collection!
Ah yes, Washi tape makes a lovely little abode for him!
These two tags will layer together nicely, I think...
A bit more washi and some stickles add to the greeting:
Some pen work makes it's way to the birdy tag and banner piece:
Time to get our UTEE on:
smoosh:
coat:
Melt.
OOOOOOOH, FUN!
Gotta love a nice glossy heart!
But, I will love it more with a shiny brad on top!
Yes indeedy!
That birdy needed a bit more pizazz. After adding in a fun flower sticker, I stitched over to add a bit of texture; and of course, a shiny heart helps too:
These are coming together, I would say...
Time to try another technique May showed us... Heat embossing the edges of something. I am going to go for silver:
Well, that's kinda fun, isn't it???
Time for some more pen work:
Ok, I am liking this, but that "Hi" is just bugging me. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just a bit too bold?
Perhaps layering some other alphas on top? Ah, yes... much better!
After tinkering a bit more with some green mist, more pen work, and extra splatterings, I call it done!
I don't think I have ever done so many texture techniques on one tiny thing before!
A little siggy on the back:
There it is, tied onto some happy mail and ready to go...
I had so much fun playing (without too much thinking) on this fun little tag. It is so fun to explore different textures. There are several ideas that I tried on this tag that I know I will repeat in future projects: UTEE, Heat Embossing the edges, and Dry Embossing tags. I love the added dimension and shine these add. What are some of your favorite ways to add texture to your projects?

45 comments:

  1. absolutely fabulous tag. Isn't funny how you see something so simple and then think "why didn't I think of that!" - I have a couple more projects coming up with new Amy T papers. They are ALL divine - love the colors on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the embossing, when you use the sizzix to emboss with the cuttlebug what size plates do you use to make up the size difference? I have never used them together before. Thanks Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny! In my sizzix, I dont' have to change anything for different folders...they all seem to work out ok :) Hope this helps.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!!! Love the embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing what one can do on such a small project, looks great and adding the alpha's over the Hi made such a difference
    Thanks for sharing
    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is one awesome tag! great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice, I would never have thought of doing half of those things, I have the stuff to do it so I cannot wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun tags! I love dry embossing, it adds a little something special to the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for showing us so many fun techniques! Love the special touches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow great tutorial and the tags are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors turned out so beautiful on these - a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the texture combinations! Adorable tag set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great little project, thanks for inspiring me to pull out those embossing folders. Its been so long since I've played with them and embossing the edges with silver looks really good, I'm gonna have to try that!

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! I totally love these tags! :) I've been loving adding paint and then more paint with templates. I need to find my Big Shot so that I can emboss more. They turned out amazing and I think your friend will love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tags! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look awesome!! Love all the techniques!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completely fab and a great explanation. Loved the walk-through!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those tags sure emboss nicely, great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy moses that's a lot of steps! But, it turned out gorgeous. That is one very pretty and detailed tag set!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow these turned out great! I didn't see it coming until the very end. Love the finished product and all your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This turned out so beautiful! I love this type of look but I have not had much success recreating it! :) I love the combo of the pinkish colors with the green - it really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, so many techniques and it turned out so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They turned out beautifully. I just have to figure out a way to get you to send me some mail. LOL. I have a number of embossing folders--I need to get better at remembering to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very impressive....you were able to do so much in such a small area! Love how they turned out. You'll definitely make someone's day with these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cuuute! You inspire me to try and play more, to be more fearles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hooray!!!! Let's hear it for creating fearlessly!!!!

      Delete
  25. So stinkin' cute!
    I am amazed at what you can do with tags. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable tages!! Love the embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are lovely tags and would also make awesome embellishments on a scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now see you are going to make me want an embosser machine. These are so beautiful and inspiring. I need to pull my tags out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Gotta get an embossing machine!!!!!

      Delete
  29. I swear your a genius!!! love this and of course your step by step totally rocks... Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are awesome! The embossing as step one really sets everything else up. love all the details! That bird is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've so enjoyed finding your blog recently! Thanks for your inspiration!

    I'm passing the honor back to you- please check out my blog I've got something for you!
    http://harmonyhealthandfaith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. You didn't tell me you were sending something else my way! I'm so excited!! HA! Just kidding! :) I saved the tag from the prize I won- I LOVED what you did. This one is so layered and unique- a real knock out. I love that you use established techniques so well and you always add that special touch that's yours only- it's really amazing to watch- I'm learning a heck of a lot by reading here- mostly how to take risks and keep playing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow!! I love these tags and always wondered what Utee did. Your step by step photos are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great tag. You used some of my favorite embossing folders :) I love the Utee, that really makes it look so cool. Again great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oooooooh, this makes me want to break out my stash of embossing folders and blow the dust off of them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...