Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Studio

I mentioned before in a previous post that I am blessed to have a studio space right off the main area of our house. I love it! It is a good sized room, has polished concrete floors and stays fairly messy. Once upon a time it was a 2 car garage, but a previous owner converted it into an interior space - its one of the main reasons we bought this house. This is where we do most of our homeschooling and the kids spend a ton of time in here crafting. With or without me :) 


So, without further ado, let's have a bit of a look-see, shall we?


An overview of the space....the far corner is my little land. Yes, it is more shabby than chic and doesn't have perfect organization. But it is always filled with things and people that I love :)




And, close-ups of my corner :)



Yes, that is a purple Christmas tree. Yes, I leave it up and lit all the time. Why? Why not???




I sit just to the left of that paper trimmer you see there. I use the area to the right of that to lay out all the goodies that I am working with. Just above, I hang recently completed layouts.



That easel is just to the left of where I sit and is where I prop up layouts in progress to stare at, contemplate and wonder if they are finished or not. I wonder if that sounds silly? Or crazy? I feel like I have to take a step back from a project to get some perspective. Does it feel balanced? Is there a decent focal point? is it interesting? Does it tell the story? These are things that run through my head when I am contemplating. Sometimes I have to "sleep on it." I often wake up in the morning, add one or two more things and magically, the LO is complete. Am I the only crazy one?

Behind those curtains is a wonderfully large window and window seat. I love the view this gives me while I futz away. This is also the area where I photograph projects - on a background of white poster board. 

I have filled my studio space with silly things that make me smile (purple tree = case.in.point) What makes you smile in your work space? Ever blogged about it or posted pictures?

Link up below! A link back is always appreciated. Can't wait to see your space!





14 comments:

  1. oh thanks for sharing your space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have your layouts on the wall for display...what a great idea...Did you just use the ikea hardware? I really want to do this in my room now...just not sure where I would be able to fit it! I feel the same way about leaving my layouts out so I can come by and take another look.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I can't take credit for that, I think I saw it in amagazine or something. Its just a cheap curtain rod from Home Depot with clip style curtain rings. :)

      Delete
  3. What a nice creative space!
    Love your layout display :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great space-loving the pink Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your space. Looks like a good space for creating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ladies! Great to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun space. I really like that it is close to your family.
    My space is in a room downstairs. I get lonely and have to keep taking brakes to visit the family :)
    You also have a beautiful window....me none :(
    I don't think I have pictures of my room but I do have a video if you want to see it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFgBWMyeeEM&feature=plcp&context=C3e6e4beUDOEgsToPDskIoU9F8jK6YN1xPbCna3kdR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness! What a great video! You are so organized!

      Delete
  8. Wow, very cool space!! And I love the display area that you have for your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the easel idea! I'll have to see if my husband will make me one, he's always looking for woodworking projects. Love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one witha Christmas tree still up! I posted some pictures of my space on my blog in January.i just did another reorg. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK... this is fantastic! Definitely can imagine "playing" in your studio... and after seeing your mother's studio recently definitely need to get mine cleaned out and start creating again.

    Very nice seeing you today. Thanks for sharing the website... I will be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...