Monday, January 30, 2012

Twirly Girl, Start to Finish

I love working on a LO that is not totally planned from the start. It is so fun to play and not know exactly where things will end up. I had a general idea of where I wanted this LO to go - small picts on a line of twine. Pinks and green papers to highlight the colors in the picts. That was the only planning. Let's get started shall we?


First I picked some stacks of things I thought might make it on the page:




With a background paper from Sassafras picked and photos cropped, I began shuffling around bits of paper...



And More Shuffling


I just love playing with all the bits, don't you?!? (My favorite part, I think :)

On to the title:


Which turned out to be rather pesky!


hmmmmm, maybe somewhere else. Thankfully, Thickers don't always stick.


mmm, nopers - not liking that, seems to be floating


OK, liking that better, but the black letters had to go. I felt like they were a bit stark against the softness of the other elements. And, now that I have moved this title around so many times, the Thickers have lost the little stickiness they once had . On to the sewing machine for a red line of stitching....


OK, now I have managed to punch holes in it, but no stitching due to running out of thread! Argh!


Out of red. White will have to do.


Yes.... it will do.
Do I care about lining it up with the previously punched holes? Nope.


OK, Now, I like the title!


But, the LO  still needs something. Seems a bit unbalance and bare. How bout my "go to's" of Washi, ink, and pen marks?





I love the way these elements add something to balance things while also giving a bit more movement and personality to a page. These finishing touches are always fun to add! After a few more stickers from Sassafras and Basic Grey...


Enough futzing and a bit of journaling...

I shall call it done! (Click on the finished LO to view this in my gallery at Two Peas and see a list of products used.)

I enjoy the process.

What is your favorite part of the process when you create?













21 comments:

  1. So pretty!
    Love how the circle by your title encloses a photo of her twirling!
    Cute, cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute page! I love the playing with all of the goodies part. it makes me giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout! Love seeing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the final outcome!!very fun!

    thanks so much for visiting my blog siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com today and taking the time to write such a kind comment. I would be honored if you stoppped by again sometime or even signed up to follow me and i would do the same! thanks -mp

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the step by step and the page turned out delightfully. I love playing with all the little things too and moving them around on the page. And I really, really love putting the finished page in my album. I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the photos from start to finish! Makes me want to go scrap right now. Your layout turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun peek into your process! The layout turned out great. I'm with you...I love playing with product and the moment when I know everything is in it's place. A neat accomplishment. One more story told.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that I am not the only one that has to regroup, while scrapping! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear from you all! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is adorable.
    I love everything from the photos to your handwritten journaling.
    My favourite part of creating, is getting the actual ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love this!! I too shuffle things around on my layouts and they NEVER end up like what I first had in mind. That's the best part of scrapbooking though, totallly free to do what you want and no rules!!
    Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lovwe the way you walked us through your layout...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun to take a peek at your process and realize we have some of the same issues when scrapping - like the Thickers not sticking, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your layout! so adorable. thanks for sharing your process my fav is to play and change things around

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous layout and great look into how you scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous layout! Love all the movement you created with all the bits and pieces across the page. Fun to see your process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thoroughly enjoy you describing your thought process. I'm always curious how others design and think about their layout. It's hard no to imagine others just spending 5 minutes picking their elements, gluing everything down and calling it good, when all we see are finished products.

    I know it's a lot of work taking all these photos, but please keep them up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out so cute! Enjoyed seeing your process. tfs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...