Friday, January 27, 2012

Hello there!

soapHOUSEmama here with the first of many posts coming from the Purple Mailbox. Why purple? Because I like it :) You may also be wondering if I make soap? Click on the image just to the right to find out more about that.

Now that we have cleared that up - lets get one with some Artsy Craftsy Bloggy talk. What do I make? Scrapbook pages, papercrafty things, hand-knit coziness and pretty gardening spaces. But, most of all, I make messes!


Can you relate? My desk usually looks like this or worse after an evening of crafting!


I'm totally OK with the mess. I love it! It makes me smile. Why? Because its the process of making something that I love, just as much, if not more than the finished product. Every scrapbooker, artist, creative type has their own unique process and I love learning from others how they create and the kind of artsy craftsy messes they make!

Why do we create? Why do I like to Scrapbook? Why do I like these messes? Stay tuned to find out :)


This is what I hope to record on this blog. The process. The methods behind the madness. Mine and others. And, of course the fun finished projects as well :)

Thanks to a wonderful class that I have been enjoying, I have started this journey. I do hope you will join me. Please take a moment to subscribe using some of the options on the right. I look forward to meeting you and learning your process as well!

Until next time - how messy do you make your space? Does it make you smile? Share a link below with a Pict of your creative mess. I can't wait to see.


8 comments:

  1. I often have a very messy work space but right now it is actually very clean as I am getting ready to Di some marathon scrapping this weekend. I hope!
    And Shimelle has great classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blog! It looks great! And I love the story behind SOAP. My desk is pretty clean right now because I haven't scrapped in a few days but I am about to start a new LO so it'll be chaos in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog!! Today just happens to be a day that I haven't played with paper and glue, so my scrap studio looks pretty nice. It may or may not look like that tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for popping in on my new blog, everyone! Sounds like you all are starting out with a "clean crafting slate" for the weekend - me, not so much! Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Min is often messy...unfinished projects have a way of looking like that!
    Currently I have my December Counterfeit kit stacked on my desk...have to get my Xmas photos developed first! Then I will finally be able to put that kit to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do we NOT know each other? I love that Hambly screenprint with the cameras. yum. I am your newest follower! Can't wait to see what you make next!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...